Thursday, November 27, 2008

ThreeAsFour Final 4/4 - color forecasting 09 F/W

(Please start reading from ThreeAsFour Final 2/4.Thanks!)
C) Color forecasting 09 F/W

I basically determine the colors of this collection based on the color analysis I did and also the Peclers trend book 09 F/W.

According to the analysis in the previous post ThreeAsFour Final (3/4), I discovered that there is a tendency of lightening its collection of ThreeAsFour. Since there is vivid difference between S/S and F/W, I decided to take F/W collections as the reference mainly while the S/S stays as the alternative.

Here are the F/W collections by ThreeAsFour:

However, I think 08 F/W is so much different from the previous two, I take it as an exception(like AsFour 06 S/S) and designed not to focus on it too much.


(copyright by PeclersParis)

I have designed to take color story of “Generic” as the main reference since I think that it is similar to ThreeAsFour’s F/W collections. Both in medium-chroma, but still have a obvious contrast among the colors, which makes the whole winter thing not to be so dark and boring.

Design elements:

I also take the inspiration for the nature like ThreeAsFour did, I decided to use "stapelia with desert flowers"as the theme. Those flowers grow in south Africa mainly. Unlike the normal flowers we see in daily lives, they are succulent instead of very light and soft. I think it matches the F/W collection since it tends to be heavier. The colors can be obtained from these flowers too.

I simply use curves and some asymmetric silhouettes together with some thing similar from the Womenswear trend book 09 F/W in the whole collection since it is the signature of ThreeAsFour. Since outfits by ThreeAsFour are usually not layered, I designed to make the silhouette simple, but embellishing with the details. The real garment will not be shaped as it seems in the sketch according the use of the fabric.

Here is the final color family:



(from left to right, from up to down)

1) blue graphite

2) marron

3) rio red

4) strong blue

5) spring crocus

6) flame scarlet



I have taken flame scarlet as an accent color from the trend which has not been used in F/W before, but believe that matches. And the remains have been adjusted a little bit through the previous collections and the trend book. According to the color analysis, 1,2,3 are the main colors while the 4, 5, 6 are alternatives.

And the collection:
(Original)



(coloring)


(Final)
















....................................................................................................................
Reference:

Books
- 'New York Fashion' by Sonnet Stanfill
- 'Colors 09 F/W' by PeclersParis

Websites
http://www.style.com
http://www.threeasfour.com
http://nymag.com/nymetro/shopping/fashion/12546/
http://www.blend.nl/threeasfour

No comments: